Yankee Belle

welcome

I have a loose


tongue. Crap. Sometimes, I say things without thinking. An old friend - actually I have known her so long she is almost like a sister to me - is coming to visit from NY in October. It so happens, a few days before she and her one year old arrive, my folks will be in town for lil B's birthday. So like a dumb a-s-s, I mention to my mother about staying until my friend flies in. This way my mother can meet her daughter. My mother ALL EXCITEDLY agreed. As I hung up the phone, I realized I would have a swinging front door for a week. CRAP!

I try to remind myself, that this is what life is about. Enjoying seeing family and friends, and to hell with the mess in the house. ;O)

2 comments:

I'm a Mom!..? said...

I don't know how you do it... I need my space. They would have to go to a hotel.. I would even pay just to keep them from staying with me!

MommaDrool said...

Don't stress too much! I am trying to learn to say, "Oh, well!" I had the same situation about a week ago, and by the time the 2nd wave of guests arrived, the house was a wreck. All you can say is, "Oh, well," and enjoy the time with your friends and family!