Yankee Belle

welcome

Irony.



I'm going slightly old school here. Back in the good ole year of 1997, my high school BFF was living here in the 'Ham. She had graduated from the best university in ALabama...(ROLL TIDE) and was working off 280. I drove in from Nashville to visit her, check out her new apartment and party like the single chicks we were. She is and always has been a good Catholic. So before hitting the bars that Saturday night, she & I attended evening mass.

While kneeling in one of the pews, I asked for forgiveness. More specifically I prayed aloud: 'Forgive me Father, for I am about to be a lush.' We giggled at my honest humor.

For the next 10 years, I was exactly that. A young twenty-something girl partying like a rock star.

My BFF left the 'Ham a year later. For a decade, I had no idea what church I repented in nor what city/area of town it was in.

Flash forward to today. Not only is my family now parishioners of this church, but Big B goes to school there.

Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor too.



(Godmothers & Godsons)

Photobucket

0 comments: