Yankee Belle

welcome

Table For Two Please.


lil B and I decided to have yummy Mexican for lunch today. The hostess seats us, and lil B decides to sit in the seat across the table from me. I think for a second. "Good idea? Not a good idea?" I let it go and allow her to sit there.

As we sit sharing the chips and salsa, excitedly recapping the events that took place at Kids Gym that morning, I felt out of place. It was like being in an alternate universe. My lil B seemed all grown up. Talking, eating, drinking the restaurant cup w/straw requiring no assistance from me. It scared the shiat out of me. WTF has happened to my BABY?!

The lunch continued this way. Pleasant, enjoyable. Not the typical lunch one expects with a toddler. However, I did catch myself saying, "Don't stuff your mouth. Sit still. Use your napkin." WTF has happened to me?!

My child is becoming me, and I have become my mother. God has a sick sense of humor.

4 comments:

MommaDrool said...

She is becoming such a big girl! Kind of freaks you out though, doesn't it? Especially, when you realize that she is a miniature version of you, and you have become your mother...

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Scary, both parts!

J said...

I can picture it all in my head as I read it. We're in for so much fun!

Audrey said...

I love this story-so sweet! I can picture it and it is too cute!